We're hiring an Office Coordinator at our office in Dumbo, Brooklyn. The right candidate is smart, independent, good at solving problems, and totally happy doing all the administrative tasks—large and small—that make lives and projects run smoothly.
What does the Office Coordinator do?
Here's some of what the job involves:
- Welcoming guests who come to our office for meetings and events
- Keep the office well-stocked and running smoothly
- Setting up for meetings and presentations
- Troubleshooting IT issues with the phones, internet, printers, or computers as they come up and coordinating with our IT consultant when bigger issues arise
- Supporting finance and operations (e.g., recording expenses, setting up invoices, etc.)
- Coordinating basic HR logistics, like paperwork for new hires tracking PTO usage
- Supporting other Ducks and teams with administrative tasks like running reports, making copies, filing, ordering lunch, setting up for meetings, etc.
The Office Coordinator reports to Big Duck’s Managing Director. The Office Coordinator works primarily for the Big Duck team, but may also share some time with our sister agency, Advomatic, doing similar tasks.
The Office Coordinator is a full-time position, on-site at our office in Dumbo, Brooklyn. We’re looking for someone with at least three years’ experience in similar roles and who will (ideally) be available to start in May 2019.
- Confidently keep track of many tasks and details independently and with a high degree of accuracy
- Are skilled with digital systems and comfortable performing basic troubleshooting on office hardware and software independently (e.g., fixing a jammed printer, or force-restarting a stalled computer)
- Appreciate the importance of the (sometimes-small) tasks and projects that make things run smoothly for the whole team, and genuinely enjoy administrative work
- Are terrific at working productively with colleagues in all kinds of roles and with all levels of experience
- Are clear and candid communicators
- Are passionate about Big Duck’s values and commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
Big Duck is a woman-owned business that celebrates equity, diversity, and inclusiveness on our team, with our clients, and among our partners. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ, and/or gender non-conforming to apply.
The Office Coordinator is a full-time, salaried position, with a salary range beginning at $41,500. We offer all full-time employees 20 days of paid time off (in addition to paid holidays), subsidized health insurance through Aetna, dental and vision plans, and an IRA matching program.
We review applications on a rolling basis, so please fill out the application form and we’ll be in touch. We do require that you include a cover letter. And please, no calls or visits.