If you’re a copywriter with five-plus years of experience, a passion for great nonprofit organizations, and an ability to collaborate successfully with both clients and colleagues to produce great creative work, you might be the person we’re looking for.
What does the copywriter do?
Big Duck’s copywriter is responsible for delivering strong and creative written solutions to clients’ challenges—specifically by leading writing projects, including identity systems (names/taglines), messaging assignments (vision/mission/values, key messages, boilerplate, elevator pitch, persuasive messaging), and capital campaign concepts and case statement writing.
Here’s some of what the job includes:
- Developing strong nonprofit brands, which includes generating name and tagline ideas and coordinating the contributions of colleagues and freelancers
- Developing effective messaging platforms (vision/mission/values statements, key messages, persuasive messages, boilerplate, and elevator pitch)
- Developing creative campaign concepts and writing case statements and other materials
- Presenting work (yours and occasionally the work of others) persuasively and clearly to our clients and facilitating discussion
- Contributing content to Big Duck’s marketing efforts, including blog posts, podcasts, and other materials
This job is full-time, on-site at our office in DUMBO, Brooklyn. Ideal candidates will be available to start during Q1 2019.
Strong candidates are…
- Excellent short- and long-form writers and strong presenters
- Able to keep approaching creative projects in fresh ways
- Passionate about Big Duck’s values and commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion and able to write with a racial justice lens
- Passionate about nonprofit missions
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office, Keynote, Google Suite, and Asana
- Willing to tackle any task, large or small
- Able to meet deadlines, multi-task, prioritize, and manage a large workload independently
Big Duck is a woman-owned business that celebrates equity, diversity, and inclusiveness on our team, with our clients, and among our partners. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ, and/or gender non-conforming to apply.
The salary range for this position is $65,000-75,000. We offer all full-time employees 20 days of paid time off (in addition to paid holidays), subsidized health insurance through Aetna, dental and vision plans, and an IRA matching program.
Interested? Please fill out the application by Monday, 12/31. And please, no calls or visits; we'll be in touch if we think you might be a fit.