Are you the kind of detail-oriented person who takes pride in implementing the million tiny tasks that add up to a smooth-running workplace? Are you good at juggling priorities, working collaboratively on a team, and pivoting when needed? Do you love learning new systems, creating and fine-tuning processes, and learning from data?
We’ve got a job for you.
What does the Project Manager do?
The Project Manager maintains and continually refines the systems that help the entire Big Duck team do their best work, while also managing a few client projects. This person is an integral part of our Relationship Management team.
Here’s some of what we ask our Project Manager to do:
- Know our project management tools (Asana, Harvest) inside and out and be able to set up projects, troubleshoot, implement new features, keep things tidy and organized, and help colleagues make the most of the platforms
- Maintain our many systems and reference materials (budget reports, standard pricing lists, process templates, etc.) so that they are accurate, current, and trusted
- Produce regular workload forecasting reports, so that we have a clear, up-to-date sense of how busy our team is and can plan projects and make assignments accordingly
- Manage a small portfolio of projects for clients, making sure that the work is completed on time and on budget and that the client has a great experience working with Big Duck
- Field requests for information or administrative support promptly and with a high degree of accuracy
This job is full-time, on-site at our office in DUMBO, Brooklyn. Ideal candidates have 2-4 years of related experience and will be available to start in January 2019.
Strong candidates are…
- Passionate about Big Duck’s values and commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Exceptionally skilled at keeping track of many, many small tasks and details independently and with a high degree of accuracy
- Confident and capable with digital systems (experience with Asana, Google Suite, spreadsheets, and Keynote is a plus)
- Great at making and maintaining schedules, calendars, and budgets (experience working with clients is a plus)
- Able to design and maintain effective systems and workflows that are practical, efficient, and goal-oriented
- Clear, effective communicators in-person, by phone, in writing, and on video
- Proactive about identifying and resolving issues
- Willing to tackle any task, large or small
Big Duck is a woman-owned business that celebrates equity, diversity, and inclusiveness on our team, with our clients, and among our partners. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ, and/or gender non-conforming to apply.
The salary range for this position is $50,000-55,000. We offer all full-time employees 20 days of paid time off (in addition to paid holidays), subsidized health insurance through Aetna, dental and vision plans, and an IRA matching program.
Interested? Please fill out the application by Monday, 12/31. And please, no calls or visits; we'll be in touch if we think you might be a fit.